Exciting news, boys and girls. The paint, she is drying on my latest Thing.
UTW Theme Compatibility Thing is now available for the ol’ download. If you have a wordpress theme which has UTW_ShowSomething function calls in it, this is a great plugin for you.
If you’re showing icons anywhere, there’s a little extra step you’ll need to do so that the icon URLs go to the right place; but otherwise, just disable UTW, import your tags into wordpress (if you haven’t already), then enable the compatibility plugin.
Oh, and if you miss the admin functions of UTW, I have a fabulous plugin, Tag Managing Thing which does much of the same.
Ultimate Tag Warrior is unsupported with WordPress 2.3. WordPress 2.3 does, however, have a thingy for importing UTW tags into WordPress.
You should do that (:
Then, you should have a look at WordPress Things. Some of them cover UTW functionality. There will be a plugin for the UTW template tags.. soon.. which should allow theme stuff to keep on working; but alas, there are still many kinks to iron out. Check back in a week for that one (:
I’m making Things for wordpress. Many of them are Tagging Things. The first of them is up in the WordPress plugin collection thing.
So without further faffing about: Tag Suggest Thing! It does tag suggestions for WordPress 2.3.
Okay! This is the last version of Ultimate Tag Warrior. The state-of-the-edge version of WordPress includes tagging, so duplicating functionality in this plugin seems kinda dumb.
But fear not! Just as soon as I finish writing this blog entry (and, uh, making a new wordpress theme for my site.. it’s about time I had a new one (: ); I’m going to see about making some sort of UTW:Render plugin that will display tags from wordpress in much the same way as they were displayed using UTW.
In any case, there’s a final update that can be downloaded from here, which has a few fixes for search and such.
I’m going to restructure Ultimate Tag Warrior a bit. I’m not sure about the finer details of it yet.
However. If you’ve written a plugin or other such thing which interacts with or depends on Ultimate Tag Warrior; you should let me know how you use it, so that I don’t break your plugins (:
If you use the template tags (UTW_Show…), I’ll make sure that is going to keep working in much the same way (so if you have a UTW theme, it will probably be A-OK); but if you use functions in the Ultimate Tag Warrior classes, it’s much more important that you tell me what you’re using.
I’ve been thinking about changing UTW to have a bare-bones tagging implementation; with additional plugins to perform various bits of extra functionality.
Would having to enable a handful of plugins be completely irritating? Would it be confusing?
(So you’d have the core-UTW plugin with, say, a simple formatting plugin and the geegaw tag-interface; or perhaps core-UTW with fine grained formatting and a textbox tag-interface (ooh! or one suited to Asian language); or maybe you’d enable some kind of import/export plugin to do that task as you need it, then disable it once complete; or all sorts of things)
So, uh, feedback would be nice (:
Hokay. More bugfixes!
- The thing with tags being eaten by the wordpress 2.1 beta by comment-actions ought to be fixed.
- The thing where atom feeds were coming back invalid because of a mix of dc:subject and category tags.
- The thing where bbPress and UTW wouldn’t play nice because UTW had a is_tag function, and bbPress had one too. [If UTW sees that the is_tag function already exists, it isn’t declared; and there’s a is_utwtag function that bbPress users can use instead. Yeah.]
[Download Here | Forum Here]
This is a release with mainly little bug fixes and tweaks. Oh! And if you do a search, posts with tags that are like your search term will be included. This is probably the neatest addition (:
The bug in wordpress 2.1 which caused tags to vanish when a comment was made has been fixed Turns out that if you add a comment, it’s fine; but if you approve one, the tags will still vanish. Hrmpf.
- I’m pretty sure you won’t end up with double-tags in feeds, any more
- I’ve rejigged the way tags are added to feeds
- Tag intersections should be working properly again
- Tags can be added to pages (and will be included in tag cloud counts… displaying on tag pages, though…)
- No more XSS vulnerability with the ajax URL parameter
- There’s an invisible technorati tags format, now! (Handy for using with the automagically include tags on the Options > Tags page)
- Search includes tags [I worry about this bit! let me know if you see anything weird]
I’ve tried it using wordpress versions 2.0.4, 2.0.7 and a 2.1 beta; and it seems to work in all three (:
Attention WordPress 2.1 beta users!
Hereâ€™s a temporary patch for resetting tags.
Modify â€˜ultimate_save_tags()â€™ function on â€˜ultimate-tag-warrior-actions.phpâ€™ about line 502:
if (isset($_POST['comment_post_ID'])) return $postID;
if (isset($_POST['not_spam'])) return $postID; // akismet fix
if (isset($_POST["comment"])) return $postID; // moderation.php fix
This seems to work.
[Download here | Forums here]
Two more fixes!
– Yahoo! keyword suggestions should be working again (:
– If URL rewriting has been problematic for you previously, it’s possible that it now works. Let me know either way!
Pretty much just bugfixes in this release.
– Delete and rename no longer flange [oops]
– The superajax formatting bit no longer flanges [oops]
– Tagyu has vanished, so Tagyu suggestions have been removed
– I’ve changed the way includes hang together, so that the two main files are only included where they are needed. If UTW breaks for no reason, try uncommenting the bit with the path (and adjusting if needed) at the top of ultimate-tag-warrior.php
Ooh! For those of you with pretty-URL issues, it might be worth having a look at this rewrite workaround. It involves adding a plugin (Fix Greedy Rewrite Category), rather than changing files. Awesome.