Exciting news, boys and girls. The paint, she is drying on my latest Thing.
UTW Theme Compatibility Thing is now available for the ol’ download. If you have a wordpress theme which has UTW_ShowSomething function calls in it, this is a great plugin for you.
If you’re showing icons anywhere, there’s a little extra step you’ll need to do so that the icon URLs go to the right place; but otherwise, just disable UTW, import your tags into wordpress (if you haven’t already), then enable the compatibility plugin.
Oh, and if you miss the admin functions of UTW, I have a fabulous plugin, Tag Managing Thing which does much of the same.
Apparently there exists a WP 2.3 compatible version of UTW.
Ultimate Tag Warrior is unsupported with WordPress 2.3. WordPress 2.3 does, however, have a thingy for importing UTW tags into WordPress.
You should do that (:
Then, you should have a look at WordPress Things. Some of them cover UTW functionality. There will be a plugin for the UTW template tags.. soon.. which should allow theme stuff to keep on working; but alas, there are still many kinks to iron out. Check back in a week for that one (:
Okay! This is the last version of Ultimate Tag Warrior. The state-of-the-edge version of WordPress includes tagging, so duplicating functionality in this plugin seems kinda dumb.
But fear not! Just as soon as I finish writing this blog entry (and, uh, making a new wordpress theme for my site.. it’s about time I had a new one (: ); I’m going to see about making some sort of UTW:Render plugin that will display tags from wordpress in much the same way as they were displayed using UTW.
In any case, there’s a final update that can be downloaded from here, which has a few fixes for search and such.
I’ve been thinking about changing UTW to have a bare-bones tagging implementation; with additional plugins to perform various bits of extra functionality.
Would having to enable a handful of plugins be completely irritating? Would it be confusing?
(So you’d have the core-UTW plugin with, say, a simple formatting plugin and the geegaw tag-interface; or perhaps core-UTW with fine grained formatting and a textbox tag-interface (ooh! or one suited to Asian language); or maybe you’d enable some kind of import/export plugin to do that task as you need it, then disable it once complete; or all sorts of things)
So, uh, feedback would be nice (:
Hokay. More bugfixes!
- The thing with tags being eaten by the wordpress 2.1 beta by comment-actions ought to be fixed.
- The thing where atom feeds were coming back invalid because of a mix of dc:subject and category tags.
- The thing where bbPress and UTW wouldn’t play nice because UTW had a is_tag function, and bbPress had one too. [If UTW sees that the is_tag function already exists, it isn’t declared; and there’s a is_utwtag function that bbPress users can use instead. Yeah.]
[Download Here | Forum Here]
Download Ultimate Tag Warrior 3.14
Behold, the long awaiting next version of Ultimate Tag Warrior. There are three new and important things to ogle at:
– Mark wrote a thing which caches tags, so a whole-bunch less database queries will take place. Thanks Mark! (:
– There’s a shiny new option (on the options page) which will automatically include the appropriate tags in a meta keyword field, in the page header.
– There’s also a new predefined format that will create a tag cloud in the form ordered list of coloured/sized tags. It’s called tagcloudlist. It’s not as important as the other three, but someone wanted one, so there you go.
Donate $1? | Download Ultimate Tag Warrior 3.14