Apparently, I haven’t done a release of my plugin for a while. I just had a look at a diff between the new version, and the old version, and it’s terrifying trying to figure out what has changed (:
At the moment, I’ve only made a WordPress 2 version. If you need a WordPress 1.5 version, let me know and I’ll make the little changes that it needs.
– You can specify the text to display when there are no tags through the Options > Tags page
– The plugin isn’t requesting option values anywhere near as often (although this is less problematic in WordPress 2.0.1 than it was in WordPress 2.0)
– The plugin does a bunch o’ internal caching which has knocked the number of database queries way down
– I’ve made a couple of changes to streamline new installs (People hosted by Yahoo! had a database permission issue which prevented the automagic updating taking place; along with a couple of other stray issues that people used to ask about (: )
– There’s a lot more type checking/character stripping of user data (side effect of this, is that you can’t have apostrophes or quotes in your tags any more)
– I’ve included some examples for theme-type stuff you might want to do – adding the tags to the title in the header, creating a tag cloud page, a tag archive page (the one that lists the posts for a tag), and an interactive search page (it requires UTW 3. If you don’t have wordpress installed in the root folder, you’ll need to adjust the path to the ajax receiving page.. it’s near the top. You’ll see it)
– You can have embedded tags – if you are using Flock, Ecto, or any other not-wordpress way of adding posts, you can use [tags]comma, list of, tags[/tags] syntax to add tags to a post. [tag]single tag[/tag] can be used within your posts, and will magically turn into tag links when the post is displayed. (You can do this using the wordpress post adding screen too (: ) You do need to enable this on the Options > Tags page.
– There are all sorts of little stray bug fixes here, there and everywhere – Tidy tags works again; ampersands are no longer a problem in feeds; the tag box doesn’t have extra close div tags; and this plugin should no longer conflict with the Static Front Page plugin.