Lord Stilton the First *and* Lord Stilton the Second
This is release #32 that I’ve made of this plugin. Thirty Two. It’s up to about ~90kb of PHP… The first version was 7.7kb.
I was going to call this version UTW 25; but nevermind (:
Changes in this version:
– Tagyu tag suggestions are retrieved using CURL, if available; and file socks when not – some people had hosting provider issues with the file_get_contents() way it initially was. I’ve also tinkered with the escaping – smart quotes were throwing it off by the looks of things.
– The ajax driven tag-adders will accept a comma separated list of tags, so now you can add a bunch o’ tags at once.
– I’ve added another predefined format: technoraticommalistwithlabel; which is like the technoraticommalist, except it puts “Technorati tags: ” at the front of the list. Mostly, this is for use with the automagically included tags.
– There’s a new thing that’s just a little bit special.
I’ve added two template functions:
UTW_ShowTimeSensitiveWeightedTagSetAlphabetical. If you use either of these functions on the date.php or archive.php files in your theme (and index.php, I imagine (: ), when you’re viewing at a date based archive; the tag cloud will only display the tags for posts within that date range. (/archives/2005/08/ displays things from August of this year in the popular list in the sidebar, for example.)
– Oooh. I’ve made this theme available for download! (I’ve taken out the gravatar bit, so I *think* the only plugin dependency is UTW) You can find it here
I’ve created a little forum for UTW stuff.. It looks a bit pants; but I’m working on it (:
It lives here.
With any luck, the forumy bit will make it a lot easier to have conversations than the blog-comment way does.
There are now… about a squillion comments on the main UTW page… It’s kinda getting hard to manage (;
What I’m going to do, is start taking general questions, and adding the answers to the shiny new FAQ page (and probably eating the comment. Mmm. delicious comments); and for more specific setup questions, I’ll email you an answer.
I’ll leave comments open on the existing UTW pages for a little while; but it’s my plan to close ’em off once I’ve got the FAQ section up to speed.