Stilton: Day 3

My stilton (There are two rounds. I’ve named them Lord Stilton the First and Lord Stilton the Second) is looking a bit yellower/darker than yesterday*, but no blue has started to appear yet.

*I need to figure out some way of calibrating the photos d:

Stilton: Day 2

My Stilton, on it’s second day…

(I’m calling the day that most of the making took place day zero; the unmolding took place on day one, and the beginning of aging started; so I guess this is day two. I think that makes sense (: )

Stilton

I’ve made my first Stilton! I followed the recipe on Jack Schmidlings cheese recipe page. I’m interested to see how it turns out; but having a two month wait to get feedback is a little nerve-wracking.

Stilton I: Cleanliness is next to GodlinessIt’s important to have tools cleaned and sanitised.

Stilton II:  Curds and WheyThis is the milk, with the culture, rennet and mold. It has already started to coagulate together.

Stilton III:  Meet the Ghetto CheesepressAfter the culture and rennet have done their thing, the curds are ‘cut’ then allowed to rest; then placed in cheesecloth to drain. This gets rid of most of the whey. Next, the curds get squished for a couple of hours in this jury-rigged cheesepress.

Stilton IV:  CurdsThese are the curds once they’ve been pressed, then broken into pieces to be salted before being placed in a mold (It turns out that a 500g yogurt container is pretty much exactly the right size for the amount of cheese produced by two litres of milk).

Stilton V: A Mighty Fine Hunk of CheeseThe next day, the cheese was unmolded. I opted to split this into two shorter rounds – it seems to be a bit easier to handle that way.

Ultimate Tag Warrior 2.8.5

Let’s try that again (:

– This time, the database should automagically update itself (instead of breaking tags (; )
– I’ve changed the way tag suggestions are requested; so if you weren’t able to use the old way, if you could try again and let me know if it’s still a problem that would be great (:

Download here | More generic info here

Ultimate Tag Warrior 2.8.4

New Version!

– Beware: There are a bunch of new options: go to the Options > Tags page. Some of them will change the way things look.
– Edit: Beware #2: If all of a sudden tags stop saving, doing a force reinstall will make everything go (the first .zip of this version I uploaded had build numbers out of sync. It’s sufficiently late that I’ve probably made the build numbers out of sync in a different way in the new .zip d: )

– I’ve fixed the bug where text sent to tagyu.com for tag suggestions that contained HTML markup would have a spaz
– I’ve fixed the typo in RemoveTags() (Thanks Julio!)
– I’ve fixed the bug in GetCanonicalTag() (ditto)
– I’ve split the administration into two pages – one is configuration stuff, and lives at Options > Tags, and the other is for wrangling tags, and stays at Manage > Tags. I’ve added links from one-to-the-other, so with any luck they don’t get lost (;
– I’ve turned the automagic tags inside-out! There are now “primary” and “secondary” tag links (instead of “local” and “technorati”). Each set of tag links can have its own predefined format selected. Let me know if this causes more pain than joy!
– I’ve added custom format stuff for linking to gada.be; along with a handy predefined format gadabecommalist that will render a simple, comma-separated list of tag links into the gada.be site.
– I’ve monkied with the internals of GetFormatForType. It’s much cooler, now (: Instead of a big switch, there’s an array of items which lets me grab a format by key (And make a list of predefined formats for the options page (; On the horizon will be a convenient way of putting custom formats somewhere so that they can be called by name, without fear of changes being squished by later versions of the plugin – probably it’ll be a “make this file, put a function called somesuch in it” kind of arrangement.)

– I think that’s it! (:

Download here | Generic Info here*

* Caution: Out of Date, but I’m way too tired now; so I’ll update it tomorrow (:

Accomplishment

I made two things today:

1. Giant pile of rubbish (well, potential compost, really. It’s all plant-matter rather than the bad kind of rubbish)
Stuff that's not on the wilderness pathway

2. Meticulously cleared path
Not so scary stairs

(The giant pile of rubbish all came from the meticulously cleared path… there’s quite a bit of path; but also a staggering amount of leafy stuff that was in the way)

Tomorrow, I’m going to be hurting.