There’s a new release at http://dev.wp-plugins.org/file/ultimate-tag-warrior/trunk/plugins/ultimate-tag-warrior.php.
It fixes the bugs with the most popular tags list; and it also fixes the bug where /tags/ didn’t work.
You’ll need to update your permalinks for the /tags/ bug, either by going to Options > Permalinks and refreshing; or manually changing your .htaccess file. If you’re doing this manually, you need to change the order of the rules so that the /tags/ rules comes first. I have no idea why this matters; but there you go.
I’ve also added a function for posting to del.icio.us… it’s… not very friendly, in that guard dog will bite your hand off kind of way. I have a feeling that I’m going to have to turn this into a administration function for logged in users; or ask the lovely people at del.icio.us to let the /post/ url accept tags. If you are that interested, by all means have a look.
I don’t think I’ve broken anything in the process, but if I have, sing out!
Go with 1.1.2. It turns out I did introduce a bug.
(p.s. with the other bug on my list relating to the previous page link; so far, not so good – I can’t use the post filters to do the SQL voodoo for the intersections of tags; so fixing this so that it always works, all the time isn’t going to be easy…)
This is my current todo list for Ultimate Tag Warrior
* Figure out Joshs’ problem UTW doesn’t play nice with version 1.5 of wordpress. 1.5.1 and beyond are A-OK, though
- * Fix the Previous Entries bug (The link always shows, even when there aren’t previous entries) [This, I think will end up waiting until WordPress 1.6 comes out]
* Fix the /tags/ bugs (/tags/(tagname) doesn’t seem to work)
* Fix the really dumb bug in popular tags (Yeah. There’s a dumb bug which makes it break. Whoops!)
- * Clean up tags when a post is deleted
- * See if I can get UTW to work with ecto
- * Write a converter that changes categories into tags
- * Write a simplfied document for using UTW (I guess there is a point where too much documentation becomes daunting..)
- * Write a thing that consolidates dupe name tags
* Write some things that allow tags with spaces (I’m inclined to structure this in such a way that when you edit tags, you use underscores; but when tags are displayed, they are displayed with spaces instead when it’s appropriate) 2.0a and beyond
* Provide a list of the existing tags on the post-editing screen, and allow clicking tags to lazy-add them 2.0a and beyond
- * Write a thing for posting to del.icio.us (The opposite to usual del.icio.us thing.. I’ve kinda written one; but the first time you click on a “post to del.icio.us” link, del.icio.us pops up a OS-esque login box which is a little intimidating. In case you were wondering; it populates the tags with the tags of the post.. just the title/url is pretty trivial to do (: ) [Again, I think wordpress 1.6 will provide enough stuff to let me do this..]
- * Make feeds available for tags [wordpress 1.6, I think…]
- * Properly localise the plugin
- * Allow unions when selecting multiple tags (Scary: allow a combination of unions and intersections)
- * Figure out the cause of the 404 error that some people get
- * World domination
If you have other suggestions, feel free to leave a comment here; that way it’ll be much harder for me to forget about them.
(*phew* I should have called it “Mediocre Tag Warrior and called it a day at version 1.0 (; )
Cushions.. Made from pastry! Genius.
This evening, we had pies for dinner. Round pies. Cutting round pie-lids from square pastry involves pastry offcuts. Delicious pastry offcuts.
This is the edges, cut into squares, placed into a woven lattice arrangement, brushed with butter, sprinkled with sugar; and baked in a 200C oven for about 15 minutes.
It’s a little bit on the bland side, though; but well suited to eating with ice-cream.