This is a release with mainly little bug fixes and tweaks. Oh! And if you do a search, posts with tags that are like your search term will be included. This is probably the neatest addition (:
The bug in wordpress 2.1 which caused tags to vanish when a comment was made has been fixedTurns out that if you add a comment, it’s fine; but if you approve one, the tags will still vanish. Hrmpf.
- I’m pretty sure you won’t end up with double-tags in feeds, any more
- I’ve rejigged the way tags are added to feeds
- Tag intersections should be working properly again
- Tags can be added to pages (and will be included in tag cloud counts… displaying on tag pages, though…)
- No more XSS vulnerability with the ajax URL parameter
- There’s an invisible technorati tags format, now! (Handy for using with the automagically include tags on the Options > Tags page)
- Search includes tags [I worry about this bit! let me know if you see anything weird]
I’ve tried it using wordpress versions 2.0.4, 2.0.7 and a 2.1 beta; and it seems to work in all three (:
Attention WordPress 2.1 beta users!
Hereâ€™s a temporary patch for resetting tags.
Modify â€˜ultimate_save_tags()â€™ function on â€˜ultimate-tag-warrior-actions.phpâ€™ about line 502:
if (isset($_POST['comment_post_ID'])) return $postID;
if (isset($_POST['not_spam'])) return $postID; // akismet fix
if (isset($_POST["comment"])) return $postID; // moderation.php fix
This seems to work.