New uber-version of UTW!
– There are new options which might cause wonky behaviour (mostly just automatically included tags appearing) – go to the Options > Tags page and hit save to make ’em vanish.
– If there are database permission issues that prevent the auto-updater from running, you won’t see error messages all over the place (but if you do a force-reinstall they will display)
– Related posts are sorted by most tags in common, then most recent first (previously it was just most tags in common order)
– Tag urls are now url-encoded (duh.) – this allows using umlats and other such things (at least in the way I tried (; including ü in your tags works, using magical characters directly is a bit bung still)
– Lists of posts can now include the date of the post (uses the %postdate% formatting placeholder, and the default date format)
– UTW_Show functions have changed a little – the first parameter still takes the name of a predefined format; but if you pass in custom formatting information, it will be added to the predefined format.
– The Options > Tags page has a whole bunch of embedded help. Yay help.
– The automatically included links can now be placed either before or after the content. There’s also the option to add text before and after the tags (handy for Tag: labels, wrapping tags in spans or divs and wrapping html lists in <ul> tags)
– I’ve fixed an odd bug with feeds (it worked for me, but didn’t for a couple of people.. it’s just one of those bugs, I guess)
– [Wordpress 2 only] On the write post screen, the tag entry and tag suggestion boxes have been shuffled into the right-hand column and put into magical boxes for shuffling and hiding and whatnot.
– There’s a new template function, UTW_ShowRSSFeedIcon(). It displays an RSS icon on tag pages for the current tag set (if you’re viewing /tags/tag1 it’s a link to the tag1 feed. On /tags/tag1+tag2 it’s a link to the feed with posts tagged both tag1 and tag2).
– The UTW_AddTagToCurrentPost() has an extra parameter – it allows specifying the minimum user level that you need in order to add tags. It defaults to 3.
Things I haven’t forgotten:
– The ability to exclude tags from displaying in tag clouds and on posts
– The gadabe issue with … in tag links
– Cobbling together a non-includey version
– Displaying tag clouds for a subset of tags (For facetish purposes)
If there are things I have forgotten, let me know (: I get forgetful sometimes..
Support Forum | Ultimate Tag Warrior 2.9, for WordPress 2.0 | Ultimate Tag Warrior 2.9, for WordPress 1.5